Drunk Driving Accident




Drunk driving accidents are completely preventable. They are also taken very seriously and drunk drivers face extreme punishment under the law. Most states have strengthened their drunk driving laws to include severe punishments for even first time offenders. If you are involved in a drunk driving accident then you need to be aware of what may happen if you were behind the wheel.

Understanding Drunk Driving

Many people are guilty of drunk driving. For a lot of those people, they were unaware that they were drunk enough to be considered over the legal limit. The legal limit for the amount of alcohol a person can have in their system while driving varies from state to state. Most states, though, have very strict limits.

In some states, a person is considered drunk if they have consumed a 12 ounce beer, 5 ounces of wine or a 1.5 ounce shot of whiskey. Many people think that having one drink is fine and that they are legal to drive, but as you see, that is often not the case. Even if you are in a minor accident, being found to be under the influence of alcohol means you will be charged with drunk driving. You will face harsh penalties.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I have been involved in two drunk driving accidents (I was hit both times by a drunk driver). It still boggles my mind that people would do something this stupid. I am thankful every time I get into my car, because I know those two accidents could have been a lot worse. Every time I see an accident on the road and see people filling out a car accident claim I can only hope nothing too serious has happened and that they weren't hit by a drunk driver.

Unknown said...

This is very good information a really nice blog. keep it up!!!

drunk driving peabody ma

Post a Comment